What Causes Acne Scars?
When the pores on your skin are blocked with oil, bacteria, dead skin cells and dirt you may develop a pimple or a zit. The pimple when poped will spill out the infected material and destroy the healthy skin tissue and this leads to the formation of acne scars.
How Can You Treat Acne Scars?
Ablative laser treatment for acne scars
The outer layer of skin is removed during ablative laser treatment. The treatment can give you amazing improvement within a single session. The procedure is carried out with Carbon dioxide laser and the erbium laser.
- The face is properly cleaned.
- The area which needs to be treated is numbed with a local anaesthetic.
- A sedative will be given to relax.
- The patient will be given a protective eye shield to protect from the intense heat from the laser.
- The laser then removes aged and sun-damaged skin along with the scars and promotes the growth of healthy collagen.
- The total process may take 30 minutes to 2 hours.
Non-ablative laser for acne scars
Here the laser emits light deep into the lower layers of the skin without any impact on the skin's surface. It helps to improve dark spots, scars and wrinkles on the skin.
What to expect after the procedure?
- Patients can immediately return to their daily life.
- The treatment area should be moisturised.
- Must not sleep giving pressure in the treated area that it may cause swelling and pain.
- Must avoid exposure to the sun.
Our specialist at DR. MUSHTAQ’S SKIN CLINIC AND COSMETOLOGY CENTER strives to provide you with all the treatments for your skincare issues.